It has to be said ...

 Hello all,

Lately it has been a constant thing that store groups are rejecting pictures that features products PURCHASED from the store. Items that are not only clear, but referenced as well. I have said this before, but I guess I have to say this again. I am not a blogger for anyone. I am a customer. Everything I feature or have in a picture I pay for out of my own pocket. I give credit for the products as a courtesy. Odds are I like the store and I am trying to spread word about the store to support it. That in no way means you get to tell me how to frame a picture, and no, I will not wear ONLY your product or make an ad for you. That is what you have bloggers and so on for. As I find out who the frequent offenders are I will stop referencing them in the credits. If a picture is rejected by a store group, especially when it is clear, details can be seen on the product, and I have it referenced in the credits, the store will immediately be taken out of the credits. If it isn't good enough to be in your group your store does not need to be referenced in the credits. It is only fair. Again, I am saying this as a customer. For your product to be in one of my pics I had to have purchased the item. Odds are, for frequent offenders I will cease to shop at your store. I know you probably don't care, but I'd rather save money and put it towards something else than to continue to support such behavior. I really don't care how big or popular a store may be either.

With that out the way, let me say that there actually are stores out there that I don't mind reframing a shot for. If there is a product they would like highlighted I don't mind doing a pic for it and referencing it. I'll even throw it up on my Twitter, and yes, I will still buy the product. Usually for this to happen I have encountered the store owner in some type of way and found them to be outright pleasant to talk to.

Comments

Popular Posts